Friday 11 September 2009

Some required listening....


Hello world,

Quick insight into my current musical passions. I am always recommending music to people, so if anyone is looking for something new I'd recommend the tracks below...This is my current obsession list, my soundtrack to my work journey and my most played tracks.

Alessi's Ark, 'The Horse' - lush acoustica

Animal Collective, 'Summer Time Clothes' and 'My Girls' - layered, epic, need to listen loud

Bat For Lashes, 'Daniel' - ethereal folky electronica

The Bees, 'Listening Man' - soulful

Bombay Bicycle Club, 'I had the Blues But I Shook Them Loose' - album, brilliant

EasyStar Allstars - any album, reggae versions of classic songs

Emmy the Great, 'We almost had a Baby' - more acoustica

Fanfarlo, 'The Walls Are Coming Down'

Florence & The Machine, 'Lungs' album - huge sound, dramatic performances and theatrical posturing

Friendly Fires album

First Aid Kit, 'Hard Believer' - acoustic choral beauty from Sweden

Golden Silvers, 'True Romance' album, unusual sound and catchy choruses

Grizzly Bear, 'Two Weeks' - harmonies reminiscent of Fleet Foxes

Laura Marling, 'Alas I Cannot Swim' album - delicate, quirky, folky loveliness; ex-girlfriend of Charlie Fink (ace name) from Noah & The Whale I believe

Lykke Li, 'Dance Dance Dance' - Scandinavian simplicity, kudos for using the underrated cow bell in a tune

Major Lazer, 'Can't Stop' - big dub sounds, keeping hold of summer

Noah & The Whale, 'First Days of Spring' album - written in the throes of heartbreak, bleak and beautiful with a little bit of hope thrown in

Passion Pit, 'Manners' album - samply, high pitched choruses, catchy as f*ck

Patrick Wolf, 'Magic Position' - brilliantly pomped up song with strings and horns and a soaring chorus, you can't help but sing it

Taken By Trees, 'My Boys' - cute cover of the Animal Collective tune 'My Girls' (above), whimsical

Turin Brakes, 'Set the Dark on Fire' - epitomy of their big guitar song with elongated high vocals and an evocative atmosphere

White Lies, 'Death' - still love this big 80s sounding song, love anything that builds and drops like this and it's reminiscent of something really special in the past, so now it's tinged with sadness. But in a good way

Wintersleep, 'Weighty Ghost' - sweet folky sound

Hope some of these make their way onto your iPods if they're not there already.

Happy Friday and go and lose yourself in the above

x

No comments:

Post a Comment