Thursday 5 November 2009

Being Insufferable in the Holiday Run Up

Yep. I am one of those people.

I'm behaving like I am the first person in the world to have a holiday.

I am going away to glorious Italy tomorrow and I am *so* excited about it, that I have become a holiday bore.

Everyone is grinning at me through gritted teeth while wishing I would just jog on to Italy and stop talking about it. I am sure they are all wishing me a bad flight, rain, awful food (as if that's going to happen in Italy!) and just generally a crappy time so I return, put back in my place, to grey and dreary London.

"Well that's what you get for building up the holiday too much."

You know what? I don't care if it rains. I don't care if the apartment is a rat-infested hole. I don't care if the town is little more than a dodgy trattoria with old ladies sitting in the street giving me evils.

Because I am going to Italy! Land of food, wine, art, culture and more passion than a deluded X Factor auditionee.

I'm packing the giant sunglasses, the headscarves and the deck shoes and I am ready for a Riviera girls adventure. It's most likely going to be 5 days of landscape photos, being drunk and eating too much carb heavy Italian food, but here's hoping for some Italian adventures and most of all, a damn good giggle.

Expect to be bored senseless by the post-holiday blogs to come.

And the endless photos......

No comments:

Post a Comment